Thursday, July 13, 2006

Prius-ier than thou ...

I ran a Google search on this after I thought of it and of course at least two people have already thought of it …And yeah, it is not on my usual heavy politics theme …

As I walked CMU’s campus yesterday around lunch time and walked past a new VW Beetle, something occurred to me. You know what would be really cool? A VW Beetle TDI running on Bio Diesel. Yeah, let’s set aside VW’s lousy repair record (according to CU) and the fact that Bio Diesel is no cheaper than regular dinosaur gas. The BioBug would not just lower the amount of greenhouse gases, it wouldn’t produce any. It also wouldn’t reduce consumption of a scarce resource, it wouldn’t consume any. And the BioBug would shed toxic batteries in five years. Plus what a image. Take that, Larry David and Ed Begley Jr. Well, actually Ed Begley probably powers his electric car with solar power, but … take that, Clooney. Or something.

No comments: